This is a sponsored post for Posterlounge. All opinions remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company.
Although my taste in art has changed considerably over the years, I have always loved how it gives a room instant impact and identity. When it comes to choosing art how do you even begin with so much choice out there? Should you choose one big statement piece or create a feature wall? Should you go for clashing or complimentary colours? Well a lot of it depends on taste and space available, budget also but here is a few tips to finally take the plunge…
- Look at different art! It might seem obvious but until you know exactly what’s out there you won’t know what your options are. Posterlounge has over 200,000 images to look at but don’t panic they have all been sorted into art style so whether you like photography or paintings for example, subjects so maybe you love flowers or calligraphy, rooms and finally artists. Posterlounge features the likes of conceptual artist James Popsys, Paul Fuentes if you love pastels, Urban photo designer Melanie Viola, The amazing Loui Jover and many many more to discover.
- Go big or go home, even in small rooms oversized art is a big favourite of mine! It is especially important in rooms where you have no focal point (and no the TV does not count as a focal point!)
- Keep it low, the lower it is the more impact it will have. eye level or lower.
- Don’t hang it, lean it. It looks cool, casual, less imposing and perfect for those of you who are renting properties and afraid to make holes in the wall!
- Mix it up, it is easy with Posterlounge, you choose the image then you choose the material, so canvas or poster or wood for example then you choose the size you need! Most images are available from 30x20cms right up to 130x90cms!
- Create a gallery wall, if you are choosing smaller size prints then group them together they will have much more impact than one picture dotted here and there.
So go take a look at Posterlounge and let me know below what you think and you could win a £50 voucher!
- You must comment below with which room in your house needs more art or which print you would choose from Posterlounge
- The giveaway will run from the 26/08/17 until 10/09/17 11:59pm
- The winner will be picked at random and receive a £50 voucher – I will be messaging the winner on Instagram on the 4/09/17, so make sure you’re following me
- UK only
That’s it, good luck!